Frequently Asked Question
OS X Mail: Enabling SMTP Auth (required to send mail)
Last Updated 4 years ago
Enabling (SMTP Authentication)
- Open Mail.app.
- Go to Mail > Preferences
- Click Accounts > Account Information
- Under Account Information look for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
- Click on the drop down arrow and select Edit Server List...
- Select the existing SMTP server for your domain - mail.techsurgeons.com.
- Click Advanced and change the server port to "Use Custom Port" and enter 587 or 2525.
- From the Authentication drop down, select Password
- Fill in your Username (e.g. email@example.com) and Password
- Click the Test Account Settings button to set the new settings.
- Click OK and then close the preferences window.
- Click Next then Finish.
- Save the changes, and try resending mail